C3: Connection Durability Win

I’ve been super busy lately so I haven’t had a whole lot of time for this project, but I did manage to get some work done last nite and merge in a patch I found floating around the internet.

It was supposed to make my WiFi chip reconnect to the AP more reliably, and so far it appears to be working! My original soak tests lost connection to the AP after about an hour and failed to ever reconnect. Last night after merging and testing this new patch, I set up another soak test which has been going 10 hours strong so far!

I set up some port forwarding, so you can check out the test page running on the Arduino right now (this link won’t be live for very long): http://www.grendelsdomain.com:1234 (Note: Some people report this link as not working, but it’s still working for me… go figure.)

Also note that it is currently NOT resynchronizing with NTP servers, so you will notice a widening divergence between the time reported and actual time (EDT).

Next up, (hopefully this weekend) I need to get it resyncing with NTP servers every 12 hours. And start pulling data from my Google Calendar. So hopefully by the end of the weekend this network connected clock will become a network connected alarm clock 😉